ENG 110 College Writing 1
Students will develop competency in the art of writing, with an emphasis
on the personal essay. This course includes: a brief review of grammar and
usage, frequent practice in writing compositions and analysis of selected
essays as models for writing.
After this course students will be able to:
- Write clear, concise, and moving personal narratives.
- Write a clear, concise, and convincing persuasive essay.
- Write a clear, concise, and well-explained informative essay.
- Write clear, concise, and well-organized analytical essays.
- Write clear, concise, and informative reviews.
- Identify common grammatical mistakes in others’ writing.
- Confidently take other writing intensive courses at The King’s
Herron is a writer, editor, and teacher. Originally from Tennessee, she
now lives in Philadelphia, after stopovers in Atlanta, Boston, and Seattle.
She earned an M.F.A. in Creative Writing with a concentration in Poetry from
Seattle Pacific University's low-residency program. She also served as
Program Coordinator of SPU's M.F.A. program, as well as Development
Associate for Image Journal. Her poems and essays have appeared in Comment,
Ruminate, and online at Art House America. She is also a regular contributor
to Image Journal's Good Letters blog.