Student Handbook |
NYC Churches | NYC Resources |
Technical Information |
All full-time students are required to show proof of insurance on the
Emergency Contact Information form.
- If you are covered by your parent’s insurance plan, simply include
the name of the provider and the policy number on your Emergency Contact
- If you are not covered through a parent’s insurance plan, The King’s
College offers American College Student Association health insurance
through United Healthcare. ACSA offers a variety of insurance plans for
college students. For King’s students, we recommend the High or Low
Option plans for New York Residents, both of which give you the option
of 12, 9, 6 or 3 month payment terms. Eligibility incorporates both the
domestic and international students. Students who are U.S. citizens are
eligible for New York Resident coverage through ACSA. For student
insurance plans, please see the United Healthcare website at
Plans are available for purchase as of August 1, 2012 and go into effect no
earlier than fifteen days prior to the student’s first day of class. A
student must take a minimum of six credit hours during the Fall/Spring
semesters and/or three credit hours during the Summer semester to be
eligible for the plan.
For a summary of the Domestic High and Low Option plans and prices, see the
Student Insurance Fact Sheet.
To sign up for ACSA insurance, follow these steps:
- Go to www.uhcsr.com/acsa.
- Click the blue “Enroll Now” link in the pink box on the top right portion
of the screen.
- Enter school name, date of birth, etc. Be sure to use the zip code 10004.
- Select your plan, and click “Continue.”
- Create your account or log in if you have an existing account, and follow
the steps as prompted.
Please contact Student Services with any additional questions at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-659-7285.
Note: Students are not required to attain health insurance through United
Healthcare. If you do not currently have health insurance, you can secure
insurance with a carrier of your choice.