The King's College

Military and Veterans

The New York Stock Exchange with an American Flag

The King’s College is grateful for the commitments and sacrifices military service members and ROTC students make in order to serve our country. Military personnel and their dependents are eligible for important education benefits offered through Veterans Affairs and we look forward to helping you explore your options to use these benefits to attend King’s.

Contact Anna Peters, Director of Financial Aid, at 212-659-7281 for more information.

Determine Your Eligibility
Silhouetted Military Men

Chapter 30 – The Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty

For individuals who entered active duty after June 30, 1985, and served continuously for three years, or for individuals serving two years on active duty followed by four years of
Selected Reserve.

Chapter 30 Section 3020 – The Montgomery GI Bill®, Transfer of Entitlement Program

If you are the spouse or child of a person who qualified for Chapter 30 and your
parent/spouse transferred entitlement to you.

The American Flag with the Fredom Tower in the Background

Chapter 33 – The Post 9/11 GI Bill®

For individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or for honorably discharged veterans or for individuals who were discharged with a service-related disability after 30 days.

These individuals have the option to transfer all or some unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children.

Military Men Saluting

Chapter 35 – Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance

For eligible dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or for veterans who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.

An American Flag on a historic building

Chapter 1606 – The Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve

For eligible members of the Selected Reserve, including the Army Reserve, Navy
Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the
Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. Eligibility for this program is
determined by the Selected Reserve components and VA makes the payments.

Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program

For members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to
a war or national emergency declared by the president or Congress.

How to Apply

Step 1 – Apply to the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs

It takes approximately 10-12 weeks for the VA to process applications. Please
wait a minimum of 60 days prior to inquiring about the status of your
application. Once the VA has determined your eligibility you will receive a
Certificate of Eligibility in the mail.

*If you are a dependent using VA benefits from a parent, those benefits will
need to be transferred to you prior to application.

Step 2 – Apply to The King’s College

While the VA is processing your application, apply to The King’s College.

Step 3 – Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The school code for The King’s College is 040953.

Step 4 – Submit your Certificate of Eligibility

After receiving your letter of acceptance from The King’s College, submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to us through one of the following ways:

The King’s College
Attn: Student Financial Services
56 Broadway
New York, NY 10004

Send scanned copy to

Fax copy to 877-806-6730

Military men looking out the back of an open plane

Yellow Ribbon Program

The King’s College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, an initiative designed to assist those who served in the military during the post-9/11 era, or their dependents, attend the college of their choice.

To participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program you must qualify for 100% benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and you must not be on active duty or a spouse using transferred entitlement. This determination is made by the Department of VA.

You may be eligible if you:

  • served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
  • were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
  • are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 G Bill based on a veteran’s service under the criteria listed above.

For students who are determined by the Department of VA to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, the VA will provide the first $21,970 toward the cost of your education at The King’s College. The VA and The King’s College have entered into an agreement to cost-share and cover the remaining balance of your annual cost of tuition. This means that a student who is eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program is able to attend The King’s College without paying any tuition.

Eligible students planning to use Yellow Ribbon Program benefits should notify their Admissions Counselor at the time of application.

Close up of the American Flag


King’s students interested in NYC ROTC can apply to participate through our relationship with Fordham University.

For more details about the Fordham University Army ROTC, contact Tyler Cochran. Learn more at Army ROTC.

Military Transcripts

To request copies of your military transcripts, if you are an active duty member, reservist, or veteran of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard, click here.

If you are a member of the Air Force, click here.

Additional Resources

Department of Veteran Affairs
GI Bill® Comparison Tool
Continuing Education Resources for Veterans

Ready to Apply?
Ready to Apply?
Join our Christian community in one of the greatest cities in the world.