The Comprehensive Calendar is set during the spring semester for the upcoming academic year. While it is possible to schedule additional events, members of the community should plan around previously scheduled events.
To receive campus services for any of these needs, follow the form guidelines below:
- Space Reservations
- Event Services (such as media support or set up)
- Campus Advertising
- Guest Speakers
- Visiting Guests
How many forms do I need to complete to throw one event, you might ask? View the guide below and follow the form numbers to find out what you need to fill out for your event or announcement needs.
1. Space Reservations
Please fill out the Space Reservation Request Form to reserve a space on campus for an event or meeting.
2. Event Services & Announcements
Please fill out the Event Services or Announcement Request Form* to request services for an event (Media Services, Event Set Up, Advertising) or an announcement (King’s Weekly, display of posters, TV slides).
*In an effort to effectively promote and execute events and announcements on campus, please submit requests 5 business days in advance. Submitting this form within 5 business days of your event means that we are not able to guarantee services, including King’s Weekly.
3. Guests On Campus
3A: Campus Visitors
Please fill out the Visiting Guest Form if you have a guest visiting campus. Whether they are a friend visiting for lunch, a group sitting in on a class, or a VIP attending a private meeting, our security guard needs to be informed of all non-students, faculty or staff on the premise (i.e. anyone without a King’s ID).
3B: Guest Speakers
If you have a guest visiting campus to speak at an event or class, please also fill out the Guest Speaker Registration Form.
1 = I want to reserve a conference room or classroom for a meeting that includes only staff, faculty, or students. I do not need advertising, media, or set up.
2 = I want to announce that Spring Formal tickets are available for pick up.
3 = I have a business or personal guest visiting campus (i.e. anyone without a King’s ID) (3A). I am bringing a guest to speak at an event (3A & 3B).
1 + 2 = I want to reserve the City Room for a meeting that includes only staff, faculty, or students. I also want advertising, media, and/or set up.
1 + 3 = I want to reserve a conference room or classroom for a meeting with a guest speaker.
1 + 2 + 3 = I want to reserve the City Room for an event with a guest speaker. I also want advertising, media, and/or set up.
Posters and slides must be created and submitted to Student Services through the Event Services or Announcement Request form 5 business days before the event date. Once approved, Student Services will post advertisements on designated bulletin boards, sign stands, TVs, and tables based on priority. Advertisements not submitted through Student Services will not be displayed.
These requests must be submitted through the Event Services or Announcement Request form.
- Media Services and Set Up – Jacob Wilson, email@example.com
- Campus Advertising – Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extending Campus Hours, King’s Weekly – Katie Steele, email@example.com
SPACE RESERVATION GUIDELINES
- Event coordinators are responsible for placing trash in trash cans and restoring the room to its original condition (desks set for class). Disciplinary action will be considered for groups who do not return the room to its original condition.
- Classes take priority in reserving campus space. Room reservations are not made until class reservations are finalized each semester, with the exception of conference room space.
- The first floor lobby and O’Keeffe Student Union are available for reservation with approval from the Director of Student Services.
- Alcohol may not be served at House-sponsored, King’s Council-sponsored or student organization-sponsored on-campus events without written permission from the Dean of Students.
- Outside organizations wishing to use College space must fill out the Event Rental Inquiry Form and be approved by the Director of Events and Production.