International students make up an important part of The King’s College community and add diversity of thought and experience to the classroom. We are excited to see you take steps to join us on campus for a semester, and want to be a resource for you throughout the application process. Please contact us with any questions you have about the college or applying.
Students interested in participating in the College’s NYC Semester Program must complete an application for the program.
Students must have upper class standing at their home institutions with a 3.0 GPA or equivalent to be eligible to apply.
Requirements for the NYC Semester as a J-1 Student
- Resume and Cover Letter (see Resources for more detailed information)
- Letter of Recommendation (covering both the academic performance and character of the student)
- Official college transcript
- TOEFL Score (Internet Based Test–score of 83 or better) or IELTS Score (score of 6.5 or better)*
- Additional Requirements NYCJ: 3 or more journalism clips
*The King’s College does waive the TOEFL or IELTS exam requirement in some instances. In order to be considered for this exemption, the student must submit an additional writing sample and complete a phone interview with a representative of the college.
Please download and complete the PDF application, scan and send by email to email@example.com, or by postal mail to Maxine Fileta, The King’s College, 56 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10004 USA.