About Commencement 2015 at Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church
October 27, 2014 - 8:04pm
Saturday, May 16 at 10:00 AM
5th Avenue Presbyterian Church
7 W. 55th Streeet at 5th Avenue
Michele is a wife, a mom, a foster mom, a former tax attorney, a small business owner, and a former Congresswoman from Minnesota.
Each graduate will receive six (6) complementary tickets for friends and family. Additional tickets are available for $10 each before May 15. You will be able to pick up tickets between Monday, May 4, and Thursday, May 14 at Student Services.
Tickets will be sold at the door at the ceremony. Children five and under do not need a ticket.
Each graduate must purchase his or her own regalia. Please visit the Herff Jones website to do so and follow the instructions below. You must order your regalia by Tuesday, April 7. If you have any questions about ordering, please contact Leticia Mosqueda.
1. Enter "The King’s College" in the search bar.
2. Click "Continue" to order for the May 2015 commencement exercises.
3. Select "Order your Cap and Gown" from the top right green navigation bar ($35).
4. Indicate if you wish to purchase a Souvenir Tassel by selecting the quantity (optional), or proceed to the next page.
5. Complete the Student Order Information page.
6. Proceed to check out.
7. Make sure you entered all the correct information before submitting your request.
Note: When you submit your Application for Graduation to the Registrar (by February 15), you will ALSO be required to pay the $200 Graduation Fee. Your Application for Graduation will not be complete until this payment is received.
You must bring your cap and gown to the church on May 16 and wear it for the ceremony. Graduates will not be allowed to process without a cap and gown. Ladies should wear a Sunday dress (dark if dress or slacks go below gown) abd dark dress shoes (either flat or low heels are recommended, no flip-flops). Men should wear a shirt and tie, dress slacks (dark), socks, and dark dress shoes (no sandals or flip-flops).
A professional photographer will take individual pictures of each graduate after receiving their diploma and a group photo after the ceremony. Pictures will be available to order through their website. Each graduate must fill out the photographer information in order to purchase pictures.
Graduates will be presented with a diploma cover at the Commencement Ceremony for photography purposes. The actual diploma will be mailed to the forwarding address as indicted on the Application for Graduation. Information (name, major) provided on the Application for Graduation will be used for the diploma.
Optional graduation announcements are available for order from CB Graduation Announcements. Visit to order your announcements. The pricing for these beautifully engraved announcements are as follows:
- 25 Personalized Announcements, $36
- 25 Thank You Notes, $6.95
Samples and pricing information sheets are on display at Student Services. The website has many more packages and products to choose from. The minimum order is five announcements. Orders will be shipped directly to the given address and not to the college.
Each year, graduates vote on a fellow graduate to address the senior class at Commencement. An email with information about voting will be sent to you shortly. Please start thinking of who you want to represent your class during the ceremony.
Schedule of Events:
- Thursday, February 26 @ 12:15 PM: Mandatory Welcome Alumni Luncheon Meeting (City Room), See More Info Below
- Thursday, May 14 @ 5:00 PM: Mandatory Rehearsal (City Room), See More Info Below
- Thursday, May 14 @ 6:00 PM: Graduate Reception (White Horse Tavern), See More Info Below
- Friday, May 15 @ 4:30 PM (Ends: 6:30 PM): Parent Reception (Redeemer UWS), See More Info Below
- Saturday, May 16 @ 8:45 AM: Graduates Arrive (5th Avenue Presbyterian Church)
- Saturday, May 16 @ 9:30 AM – Doors Open to the Public (5th Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Saturday, May 16 @ 10:00 AM (Ends: 11:30 AM)– Commencement Ceremony (5th Avenue Presbyterian Church), Immediately Followed by Class of 2015 Photo
Welcome Alumni Luncheon Meeting:
Please join us for a meeting to introduce you to life as an alumnus of King’s. We will host a mandatory meeting in the City Room at 12:15 PM on February 26. Lunch will be provided. Topics will include:
- Career Development and the steps you need to take in your last few months as a student to secure a job
- Questions and answers about Commencement
- Life as an alumnus
Be sure to visit the Office of Career Services portal page in the next few weeks as you plan for life after King’s.
Rehearsal and Graduate Reception:
All graduates are required to attend rehearsal in The City Room on May 14 at 5:00 PM. Immediately after rehearsal, you are invited to enjoy a celebratory reception as you reminisce with your fellow classmates and some key institutional leaders about your time at The King’s College. Snacks will be provided and a cash bar will be available.
The event will be held at White Horse Tavern (25 Bridge Street between Broad and Whitehall, approximately a 5 minute walk from campus). You must RSVP to attend the event no later than May 4 via Eventbrite. Space is limited and if you do not RSVP, you will not be allowed admittance.
You and your parents are cordially invited to the annual Parent Reception during Commencement Weekend. Please join us any time between 4:30 PM and 6:30 PM on May 15 to mingle with friends, parents, faculty, and staff.
The reception will be held at Redeemer UWS (150 West 83rd Street, 5th Floor). Beverages and light snacks will be served. RSVP via Eventbrite by Monday, May 4.
For More Information:
Email Catherine Corbin, Event Planner or call 212.659.7297.