Student Consumer Information

The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), requires institutions participation in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to current and prospective students. This site serves to update the Student Right to Know information and provide a central location for resources parent, students, employees, and the overall King’s community to reference. This site will continue to be updated as we build more information that is useful and required.

For any questions, or concerns on this information, please contact the office of institutional research, (212) 659-7209.

The King’s College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000) The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.

The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is a "voluntary, non-governmental, membership association that is dedicated to quality assurance and improvement through accreditation via peer evaluation.”

Information concerning The King’s College academic programs is found in the academic catalogue and the website below.


For online degrees and programs, please visit https://www.tkc.edu/kings-online#online-about

The King’s College abides by New York State and federal laws, which stipulate that alcohol is illegal for anyone under 21 years of age. The King’s College neither permits nor condones the possession, use, or sale of illegal drugs and narcotics. Violators are subject to College disciplinary procedures, as well as to criminal prosecution under state and federal laws. College guidelines regarding drugs and alcohol can be found in The Student Handbook.

In compliance with the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, information about the intercollegiate athletic program is available here. The U.S. Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Education Equity in Athletics Disclosure website has published information about the intercollegiate athletic programs. The report includes the number of participants by gender for each team and a list of varsity teams, and also includes duplicated participant headcount, total operating expenses, head coach gender with time status as coach and as employee of institution, number and gender of assistant coaches and their time status as coach and as employee of institution. Total revenues and expenditures, total money spent on athletically related student aid, average salaries for coaches and assistant coaches and total expenses are also included. A paper copy is also available by contacting the Director of Athletics Sean Horan  at 212-659-7218. 

To view information concerning public safety at King’s, please visit The King's College Security Data. On the Campus Safety webpage, King’s provides emergency response and evacuation procedures, timely warnings, and Procedures for Responding to Sexual Harassment and Assault. Also included in the Emergency Action Plan are the missing student notification policies and procedures.

Paper copies of the annual Security Report are available upon request from the Student Development Team  or call (212) 659-3610 extension 3515. King’s Security Data webpage also hosts information provided by the state concerning registered sex offenders and hosts the Fire Safety Report.

In accordance with the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act of 2000 and the Jeanne Clery Act, The King’s College provides a link to the New York State Sex Offender Registry. The Clery Act requires institutions to advise students where law enforcement agency information provided by a state concerning registered sex offenders may be obtained. To access the registry, use the New York State Sex Offender Registry Search. The United States Department of Education makes additional US campus crime statistic information available. The NYPD also makes additional crime statistic information available.

The following links provide information about The King’s College policies and sanctions related to copyright infringement. King’s policies with respect to unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing, including disciplinary actions taken against students who engage in illegal downloading or unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials using the institution's information technology system can be reviewed in the Student Handbook under the Technology Acceptable Use Policy. In addition, unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials, including unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing may subject students to civil and criminal liabilities. A summary of the penalties for violation of federal copyright laws can be found in the Federal Student Aid Handbook.

You can also view Zondervan Library's Copyright & Fair Use Guide here.

The King’s College Financial Aid website can be found here:


For further information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 212-659-7200 ext. 3400
or Email: Financialaid@tkc.edu

All institutions participating in Title IV HEA Student Financial Aid Programs annually provide required data to NCES and IPEDS. The US Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics has created the college navigator tool in order to provide easily accessibly comparative information and data to consumers. The following is a summary of the most recent fall information and statistics, including student body diversity, gender, ethnicity and race and age:

Undergraduate Student Enrollment

Total enrollment: 516

Transfer-in enrollment: 12

Student-to-faculty ratio: 17 to 1

Percent of undergraduates who are female: 60%

Percent of undergraduates who are full-time: 96%

Percent of undergraduates by race/ethnicity:

American Indian or Alaska Native: 0%

Asian: 3%

Black or African American: 3%

Hispanic/Latino: 8%

Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0%

White: 78%

Two or More Races: 5%

Race and ethnicity unknown: 0%

Nonresident alien: 3%

Percent of undergraduate students by age:

24 and under: 98%

25 and over: 2%

Age unknown: 0%

The Common Data Set (CDS) is a set of standards and definitions of data. The combined goal of this collaboration among data providers in higher education and guidebook publishers is to improve the quality and accuracy of information provided to all involved in a student’s transition into higher education, as well as to reduce the reporting burden on data providers. This goal is obtained by the development of clear standard data items and definitions in order to determine a specific cohort relevant to each item. Data items and definitions used by the US Department of Education in its Higher Education surveys often serve as a guide in the continued development of the CDS.

Common Data Set 2013-2014


The King’s College offers career development services to students. A Graduate Report is prepared annually by the office for career development that provides post-graduation information for The King’s College graduates transitioning from college, upon completion of their baccalaureate degree. Report data are collected about 6 months after graduation, including graduate and professional programs attended, employment status, and employers.

The King’s College withdrawal and refund policies can be found here: https://www.tkc.edu/student-billing/important-information

Contact the Office of Institutional Research (212-659-7209) or the Office of the Registrar (212-659-0736) with questions.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student educational records.  This law applies to all schools receiving funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.  Ownership of educational records transfer from the parents to the student upon enrollment in a post-secondary institution or when the student reaches the age of 18.

Records are divided into 2 categories: Directory (open records) and Non-directory (private, non-disclosable without permission).  For information regarding the types of information The King’s College has designated as Directory information, and for complete details for requesting records, etc., please contact the Registrar’s Office at Registrar@tkc.edu.

We have put on-line a copy of The King’s College Student Right to Know information. We encourage you to browse the documents and take note of the information which King’s makes available in accordance with federal regulations.

If you have additional questions, please use the contact information included in the document.  If you have general questions regarding Right to Know, please contact the Student Development team.

The King’s College is committed to the ideal that all students should have equal opportunity to enroll and otherwise participate in all schools, degree programs, and other activities or services offered by the College. In order to prepare “students for careers in which they help to shape and eventually to lead strategic public and private institutions” the College guarantees that appropriate provisions are in place for students with disabilities.

The College, therefore, seeks to assure equal opportunity for access to and participation in all college courses, examinations, activities, and services by providing reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities recognized under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II). Section 504 and Title II protect otherwise qualified individuals from discrimination based on their disability. For more information, please contact Sue Ho, registrar at 212-659-0763.

New Students

Transfer of Credit
Any student desiring to transfer to The King’s College will be required to submit an official transcript from each of the colleges or institutions of higher learning he or she has attended since graduating from high school. Transcripts should indicate courses entered, in progress, or completed. Evidence of good standing should also be indicated on the transcript. It is the applicant’s responsibility to request that these transcripts be sent to The King’s College Office of Admissions. The King’s College accepts transfer credit from other regionally accredited institutions as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Credits earned at non-regionally accredited institutions may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Credit cannot be accepted on the basis of a P (Pass) or similar grade, unless a letter or numerical grade is also provided or the transcript bears the statement that such a grade is given only if the student is doing C or better work. Credit will be granted for courses in which a grade of C or higher was made. These courses must be applicable to the degree requirements of The King’s College.

The maximum number of hours that may be transferred for the Bachelor’s degree is 60. Transfer credits that are not equivalent to a course in the student’s program may transfer in as electives. Additionally, students may not apply more than 30 online credit hours to their degree program.

Transfer students who have earned less than 30 semester hours of college credit must provide high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores. Transfer students who have not previously earned an Associate’s degree must submit proof of high school graduation.

Please refer to the admissions process as outlined in the following pages for a complete description of the steps necessary to be admitted to The King’s College. For further information regarding the transfer of courses from another institution, please consult the Registrar’s Office.

Current Matriculated students

Permission to Take Courses at Other Colleges

With prior approval, students may take courses to fulfill the open elective credit requirements at another institution. This allows students to take elective courses that interest them but are not offered at King’s. This also allows students to complete open elective credit over the summer. Standard transfer policies apply. Before applying for permission to attend another college, students should meet with their academic advisor to discuss how these credits would affect their graduation plan. Students seeking to take courses at another institution must submit the application form (“Permission to Attend Another College”) from their Student Portal.

Once a student has matriculated at the College, he or she may transfer in open elective credit and up to 9 credit hours of Major electives, upon approval of the Program Chair for the relevant Major, but not Common Core courses or Major requirements. King’s allows only open elective credit and limited Major elective credit to be transferred in because our curriculum is tightly integrated and composed of courses with distinctive philosophical emphases.

Transfer credit will not be granted after the fact for courses taken without advance permission. When a student has been granted permission to take a course at another college or university for academic credit at King's, the student must earn a C or higher to receive that credit. Grades received for courses taken at other institutions are not included on the student’s transcript, nor are they calculated into a student’s cumulative GPA.

Health requirements for students at The King’s College exist primarily to protect the student body as a whole from infectious disease. Secondary goals are to have medical information at hand should a student need assistance from the health service.

College Requirements
Policy provides that The King’s College shall prevent a student from beginning classes if they have not complied with certain requirements by the beginning of the student's second academic term. These requirements apply only to students who are registered for classes on The King’s College campus.

Requirements are as follows
New York State Immunization Requirements of students at post-secondary institution mandates that students born on or after January 1, 1957 submit proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Students are required to submit the Immunization Requirements form before the first day of classes. When completed, the form must be faxed to the Office of Admissions at 212-659-3611.

Students are encouraged to receive information about the meningitis vaccine and make a decision about whether they wish to receive the vaccine or not. Information regarding meningitis vaccine can be reviewed at the Centers for Disease Control Website.

Exemptions from Immunization Requirements

Medical Exemption

If a licensed physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner, or licensed midwife caring for a pregnant student certifies in writing that the student has a health condition which is a valid contraindication to receiving a specific vaccine, then a permanent or temporary (for resolvable conditions such as pregnancy) exemption may be granted. This statement must specify those immunizations which may be detrimental and the length of time they may be detrimental. Provisions need to be made to review records of temporarily exempted persons periodically to see if contraindications still exist. In the event of an outbreak, medically exempt individuals should be protected from exposure. This may include exclusion from classes or campus.

Religious Exemption

A student may be exempt from vaccination if, in the opinion of the institution, that student or student's parent(s) or guardian of those less than 18 years old holds genuine and sincere religious beliefs which are contrary to the practice of immunization. The student requesting exemption may or may not be a member of an established religious organization. Requests for exemptions must be written and signed by the student if 18 years of age or older, or parent(s), or guardian if under the age of 18. The institution may require supporting documents. It is not required that a religious exemption statement be notarized. In the event of an outbreak, religious exempt individuals should be protected from exposure. This may include exclusion from classes or campus.

The United States Election Assistance Commission provides the National Mail Voter Registration Form that can be used to register to vote, to update your registration information due to a change in name, make a change of address or to register with a political party. The national form also contains voter rules and regulations for each state and territory.