The King's College was founded in Belmar, NJ by Dr. Percy Crawford. Since 1938, The King's College has always found itself engaged in the public square. Crawford initiated Youth on the March, the first nationwide television show of any kind.
The King's College re-located to New Castle, DE under the leadership of Dr. Crawford.
The King's College re-located to the site of Briarcliff Lodge in Briarcliff Manor, NY. Each year, The King's College hosted a sports tournament for East Coast Christian colleges called The King's Tournament at Briarcliff Manor.
After President Crawford's death in 1960, Dr. Robert A. Cook became the College's second president. In his 23 years as president, the College grew, became accredited, and had a major impact on hundreds of young people. In 1963, he started The King's Hour radio broadcast. Dr. Cook retired from the presidency in 1985 and served as Chancellor of the College until his death in 1991.
Upon the retirement of Dr. Cook, Dr. Friedhelm Radandt, a former professor at the University of Chicago and President of Northwestern College in Iowa, became the College's third president.
J. Stanley Oakes, in coordination with Dr. Bill Bright and Campus Crusade for Christ International, led an effort to re-capitalize the school and Dr. Radandt continued as President.
The King's College received the financial assets of Northeastern Bible College as a gift from its board, concluding the dissolution process following the school's closure in 1990. Founded by Dr. Charles W. Anderson in 1950, Northeastern existed to bring "Christ to a lost world." Its 2,000 alumni are now under the stewardship of King's.
King's leased 34,000 square feet of space on three floors of the Empire State Building in New York City for classrooms, a student recreation center, and administrative offices.
The Board of Trustees of The King's College selected J. Stanley Oakes, a graduate in Classical Greek from the University of Minnesota and in Political Theory from the University of Dallas, to become the College's fourth president.
Andrew Mills serves as the Interim President of The King's College as the Board of Trustees searches for a successor to Oakes.
After a nationwide search, Dinesh D'Souza was named the fifth president of The King's College in August. D'Souza was a Dartmouth graduate, a former White House policy analyst, a fellow at the Hoover Institute at Stanford, and a widely-known writer on politics and religion.
Over the summer, the College re-located from the Empire State Building to 56 Broadway, a location one block south of Wall Street in lower Manhattan's Financial District.
In July, the Board of Trustees announced Dr. Gregory Alan Thornbury as the College's sixth president. Focused on a renaissance of Christian thought and life, President Thornbury worked to connect the College to key partners and institutions to collaborate with the mission and vision of King's for the common good.
Through the generosity of the Esther B. O’Keeffe Charitable Foundation, King’s begins renting a new space for student life, christened the O’Keeffe Student Union.
King's purchases a new student residence in the Financial District. The former Riff Hotel becomes the College’s first permanent Manhattan real estate.
The Board of Trustees announces the appointment of Tim Gibson as its seventh president. Gibson spent over thirty years in the U.S. Air Force, where he held extensive command responsibilities before retiring with the rank of Brigadier General. He is the father of a King's alumna.