Spring Break in New York City
In New York City there are endless opportunities for fun! Are you an outdoor enthusiast or a foodie? There's an itinerary just for you!
After a long winter in New York City, springtime comes around rejuvenating New Yorker’s spirits and gives a taste of what the joyous summer will bring. However, it can be a little more challenging for students in the city to experience and enjoy all of spring’s pleasures when we are busy with schoolwork and extracurriculars. Still, spring break comes, along with warmer temperatures, to rescue us and give us time to enjoy the city in full bloom.
In New York City there are endless opportunities for fun, so I have decided to curate what different spring breaks could look like for people with different interests.
For the outdoor enthusiast:
- Visit Brooklyn Botanical Garden to see the beautiful plants in bloom
- Playing tennis with friends – Hudson River Park Tennis has the best views
- Walk the High Line
- Grab a picnic and head over to Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Citi biking! Hudson River Greenway, East River Greenway, or over Brooklyn Bridge are some of my favorite rides
For the indoor enthusiast:
- Go explore the MET museum (super affordable for NYC students – just make a donation of any amount)
- Grab tickets for the Museum of Ice Cream and bring your camera because it is known for its Instagrammable rooms
- Grab a bite to eat at Chelsea Market which doubles as a food hall and shopping mall
- Visit the NYPL (fingers crossed it reopens soon)
For the shopper:
- Visit L train Vintage or Goodwill Outlets in Queens if you’re in search of a good thrift
- Or if you’ve got some cash you’re looking to spend go to Brookfield Place shopping center
- On the weekend visit Chelsea Flea Market and find some antiques and vintage goods
- Go to Union Square Farmers Market to truly feel the spring in the air and pick up some fresh produce and baked goods
For the foodie:
- If you like bagels check out Leo’s Bagels and Tompkins Square Bagels
- Maman has the most aesthetic indoor dining and delicious food
- If you want a life changing burger, hit up Rubys Cafe and get the Bronte Burger
- Ellington in the Park is the cutest springtime outdoor restaurant
Regardless of what you are interested in, you are bound to have a fun spring break in New York City. As an outdoor enthusiast, I’m looking forward to tennis, picnicking, and biking. We’d love to see how you’re spending spring break! Tag us (@tkcadmissions) in your story for a possible repost!
// Photo by Abby Roth //