Official College Transcript
Applicant must send sealed official college transcript to:
Office of NYCS Admissions
The King’s College
New York, NY 10004
A current resume is required and may be uploaded when submitting application or emailed to email@example.com.
- NYC Journalism students should submit a journalistic resume (see sample resume,
paying close attention to the format).
A cover letter is required and may be uploaded when submitting application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NYC Business students should answer the following questions in their cover letter:
- Why do you think you are an ideal applicant?
- What are your strengths and how will NYC Semester help you grow?
- What do you plan to accomplish during your semester away?
- NYC Journalism students should write a cover letter to a potential newsroom employer about who you are (see sample letter).
- NYC Journalism students must also include 3-5 clips of their best published journalism work.
Recommendation letters should be written by the student’s academic advisor or a faculty member who can attest to the student’s character and academic ability. The applicant will provide the recommender’s name and email address in the application, and the recommender will receive an automated request to submit the recommendation.
If you are an international student, please visit the Admissions Information for International Visiting Scholars and Students for additional admissions information.
The cost for tuition and housing for NYC Semester students from non-partnering schools is $17,000. Please contact your Study Abroad coordinator to receive information on the significant discount received by partner school participants. NYCS students will live in student housing and become an integral part of student life at The King’s College, participating in activities such as group Bible study and corporate worship, student retreats, and campus-wide events around the city.