King’s COVID-19 Commitment
Upon my honor and in service to our community, I pledge to take responsibility for my own health, the protection of others, and to help keep the King’s community safe from the spread of COVID-19.
“Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” (Philippians 2:4, ESV)
At King’s, we believe in loving our neighbors as ourselves. As we return to campus, we face an unprecedented semester where every member of our community must take extraordinary steps to stay healthy and continually sacrifice for the well-being of one another.
Upon my honor and in service to our community, I pledge to take responsibility for my own health, the protection of others, and to help keep the King’s community safe from the spread of COVID-19. I recognize this is an unprecedented semester that will entail sacrifice and inconvenience. I commit to choose positivity in the midst of difficulty and I pledge to:
1. Protect Myself
- Wash my hands often with soap and water and use hand sanitizer as available.
- Monitor for the symptoms of COVID-19 and report to a medical professional and the College if I experience a fever of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell.
- Get tested for COVID-19 if I experience a combination of the above symptoms for at least 24 hours.
2. Protect Others
- Wear an appropriate face covering when on campus and as directed by the College.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing and be willing to take extra precautions as requested.
- Stay home if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19.
3. Protect My Community
- Follow directions, campus signage, and room occupancy limits.
- Clean and sanitize the personal spaces and shared common spaces that I use.
- Participate in screening and, when necessary, testing and contact tracing to preserve the wellness of the community.
I hereby confirm that I have read and agree to abide by the Reopening Plan during the spring 2021 semester, and as The King’s College adapts to changing COVID-19 realities in New York City, I pledge to abide by current and possible future restrictions to protect the health and safety of the King’s community.
Some language is adapted from Purdue University’s Protect Purdue Pledge.