One of the most frequent questions we receive from transfer students is “Will my credits transfer into King’s?” We are happy to complete a pre-evaluation of your college courses to see which will apply towards your intended program. Simply submit a transcript from each of the colleges or institutions of higher learning you would like reviewed, include AP scores, and let us know which major(s) you’re considering. Contact your Transfer Student Admissions Counselor, Katelyn Tamm, with questions about your transcript evaluation.
If you’re thinking about transferring to King’s in the future, we’re here to help you choose classes in order to optimize your time at your current institution. A few general rules to consider:
- Transfer courses are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- We accept a maximum of 60 transfer credits from other regionally accredited institutions as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Credits earned at non-regionally accredited institutions may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- We accept credits from classes with grades of a “C” or higher. (We do not accept Pass or Fail credits.)
- Every student is required to take “Foundations of Politics” and “Scientific Reasoning” at King’s, which is good to consider before taking politics and science courses at your current institution.
- Previous grade point averages (GPAs) will not transfer to The King’s College, but will be considered for admission.
You can consult the Major Maps in our College Catalog to see the types of classes offered in the Program you’re considering, as well as more details regarding transferring credits into The King’s College.