Resume your studies at King’s after a leave of absence or academic suspension.
Reasons why you may apply for readmission to The King’s College may include, but are not limited to:
- You took an unofficial leave of absence from the College
- You were granted an official leave of absence from the College but did not return to matriculated status after the course of one semester
- You were academically suspended and wish to continue your studies at King’s
Non-degree students cannot be readmitted, but are instead advised to speak directly with Student Services to review their status in the College.
- Complete an Application for Readmission at least two weeks prior to the start date of the semester/session for which you are seeking re-admission. Exact start dates for terms are listed on the comprehensive calendar. Email the completed document to Katelyn Tamm at email@example.com.
- Provide copies of transcripts from any institution you have attended since you last attended King’s. You may send unofficial or official transcripts by email with your application for readmission, by fax (877-349-0231), or by snail mail: Office of Admissions, The King’s College, 56 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
- Before your readmission to the College can be considered, you must clear any outstanding balances or holds on your account.
- If you left the College in Good Standing, Admissions will either approve or deny readmission applications.
- If you wish to apply for readmission after a period of Academic Suspension, your application must be accompanied by a personal statement, addressed to the Office of Academic Affairs, with the following information:
- Explain your reasons for seeking to return to the College
- Show any evidence that supports that you will, if readmitted, meet the College’s academic requirements. This could include transcripts from attendance at another college during time spent away.
- If you have been away from The King’s College for five or more years you may be required to supply test scores, high school transcripts, or other parts of an initial application.
- Students will be notified by email whether their application is approved or denied.
- Official transcripts from other institutions should be submitted before the first day of classes.
Readmitted students are subject to the academic requirements and policies in effect at the time of their return to the College. Updated policies can be found in the most recent College Catalog.
While readmission does not guarantee the reinstatement of any King’s scholarships or grants, any such consideration will be based on the student’s academic standing and the availability of funds at the time of readmission. Contact your admissions counselor with any questions about financial aid.